Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Jan 18 - 21st, 2011 What We're Doing in Class

I'm sure all my students know that I was absent last Thursday & Friday because I was working at the Monterey and Seaside High Elective Fair. The Multimedia/Video Production/Cinema Arts booth at Seaside was well run by my wonderful students, and we had a lot of sign ups for next year. Muchas Gracias to all who helped out, and I hope you got a cupcake!

I created a short video presentation for the Elective Fair about Career Pathways, which we are focusing on for students. It can be accessed from off campus at...  It was my first animation ever, made on Apple's Keynote program.  The students applauded each showing, and that was unexpected. Now that I know it can be done, I plan on teaching how to do simple 2-D animation on Keynote, which already does nice animation with text.

This is a production week for Video Production, meaning that storyboards and plans should be done, and students are expected to be filming. The weather is slated to be sunny all week, with no rain, which is perfect for filming.

Cinema Arts students are working up ideas and plans in small teams for social issues documentaries, which I hope will be ready to submit to the Social Issues Documentary Film Festival, a film fest held in San Jose just for high school students. The registration deadline is February 1st, and 1-2 minutes of preview must be submitted with the application. The film fest will be April 30th, and this won't give us a lot of time, so we must stay focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment